The Network Administrator is a member of the Network Team, working to maintain the operational status of the Bruce Telecom Network, install new services and assist with corporate and residential customer support.
Reports to: Manager of Network and Support
1. Monitor and maintain the existing network infrastructure on a daily basis.
2. Document and respond to system alarms.
3. Install and configure new services and equipment.
4. Operation, maintenance and retirement of legacy systems.
5. Monitor and process service orders and trouble tickets.
6. Provide Tier II support for Customer Support Group.
7. Evaluate network topology design on an ongoing basis and provide analysis and recommendations.
8. Complete other duties as assigned by the Manager.
Minimum Academic/Educational Requirements:
Post-Secondary education in Electronic Technology, Telecommunications, Computer Science or equivalent
JNCIA/CCNA certification or equivalent would be considered an asset
Valid Ontario Driver’s License
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
5 – 8 years of experience in a networking job function is necessary to gain the required skills to be successful in this role
Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP networks, with a strong background in Routing, VOIP and
Knowledge and experience with Digital Switched Services (IE: DS1/DS3) and
Optical Carrier/SONET(IE: OC-48)
Juniper and/or Cisco hardware experience
Experience with Metaswitch or other softswitch platforms in a carrier environment
Technical Skills Considered an Asset:
Experience with servers and virtual machines utilizing UNIX, Linux, Microsoft Windows
Experience with EWSD or other Class 5 switching platform Experience with AFC and Alcatel legacy networks Knowledge and experience in Electrical Power Systems
Strong communication skills
Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Strong skillset in priority management
Ability to work in a team environment
Primarily in an office environment
Ability to travel to other equipment office locations as required
Time shifting of normal work hours may be required
Participate in the on call schedule
If you are interested in applying to this position please email us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday December 14th 2018.